Sunday, December 5, 2010

Months 7-8

Hey Y'all-


Sorry I haven't been able to update my blog in awhile.  I have been busy with a number of activities.  


Great Grandma and Grandpa H came to visit me again.  We did all kinds of things while they were here.  My favorite was going to the Georgia Aquarium.  I got see all kinds of fish and water creatures.  My favorite part was seeing the beluga whales.  Those things are huge!


At the aquarium


In early October I started going to daycare.  This was quite a departure from what I was accustomed to having Grandma M and Miss Ellen take care of me (I miss those days).  I'm now going to a home daycare which is run by Miss Suzanne and she watches me along with 4 other kids.  The other kids are older than me so I have been learning a lot being around them.  I have picked up a few phrases:  baa baa baa; da da da; ma ma ma; and gee gee gee.  I have also learned to stand up on my own.




As I mentioned to you last time I have been eating solid foods for several months.  Momma (and Grandma M too) goes to great lengths to make all of my baby food.  Every few weeks we go to the DeKalb County Farmers Market and buy all kinds of organic fruits and vegetables.  My favorites right now are apples, mangoes, and carrots.  I also like oatmeal and millet.  I'm not too fond of peas although they smell great when Momma is preparing them.  Momma also makes popsicles for me which are a nice treat in between meals.




Yummy blueberries & oatmeal
Momma took her first business trip since I was born.  She went to Winston-Salem, NC for 3 days so Daddy and I spent a lot of time together.  The first day Momma was gone I hung out with Miss Ellen and Mr. Richard while Daddy finished up a game of golf.  Then the rest of the time Daddy took care of me.  I'm glad Daddy is very hands on and knows the daily routine.  Every morning he would get me up early, feed me, get me dressed, prepare my food and bottles, and then take me to daycare.  Then in the evening he would pick me up from daycare, we would play for a while, he would give me a bath, feed me, and I would be ready for bed.  


Grandma and Grandpa M came to visit me again.  They came down to watch me while Momma, Daddy, Aunt Cassie went to Miami for the NASCAR race.  They stayed with Jennifer, Dan, and Abbey while I had fun with my grandparents.  Grandpa M taught me a new skill; how to headbutt:  




The weather has started to get cool here.  Grandma A bought me a nice winter coat to keep me warm.  I'm not a big fan of that big, bulky coat because when I'm in my car seat I can't move very well.  Daddy says I look like the kid off The Christmas Story :)


Grandma M & I with my coat & hat
Now that I'm mobile I spend my time searching for things that I know I shouldn't play with like electrical cords, cell phones, the dog's water bowl, and the TV remote.  One time I ventured into Sienna's cage and found one of her treats to chew on.  It didn't taste too bad, but Daddy took it away from me.  One of my favorite activities is to crawl into the kitchen and ransack the pantry.


Here's me helping Momma reorganize the pantry
Well folks it's time for me to get going.  I've got to look at the ads and make up my Christmas list.  Talk to y'all soon!


My new car seat for Daddy's car
Grandma M likes giving me mohawks
Checking out my new Santa...Thanks Miss Elisa! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment