Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Weeks 5 & 6



Wow how time flies.  It has been crazy the last few weeks. 


First off, my Great Grandparents came down from IL to spend a week with me in GA.  We had a good time while they were here.  My Great G-ma H held me a lot and helped calm me down when I was fussing.  She also gave my Momma some good tips and tricks that only a Grandma can provide.

 
My Great G-pa H took care of things around the house while my Momma and Great G-ma tended to me and my Daddy was traveling.  He helped keep the dishes done up and even helped Momma with the laundry.  He also helped my Daddy out in the garage do some work on his car and change the brakes on his motorcycle.



I visited Dr. H again for my 6 week check up.  He looked me over and thought everything was good.  He was rotating my arms and legs in their joints and Momma thought he was going to twist them off.  I also got my first shot which I did not like at all.  In 6 weeks time I have grown 2 inches and gained about a pound.

In addition to a few growth spurts over the last few weeks, I am getting stronger.  I can hold my head up for a little while.  I can also use my legs to scoot myself backwards on the changing table.  All this added strength makes it challenge for Momma and Daddy to hold me when I'm wiggling around like a worm.  I can also escape from my burrito wrap no matter how tightly my Daddy bundles me up :)

This last weekend was Momma's first Mother's Day.  Daddy and I got on the Internet and ordered her some flowers.  We picked some purple roses because this is Momma's favorite color.  Daddy also took Momma out to eat while the Great G-parents were here so they could watch me and my parents could enjoy their first night out since I was born. 












I've got an exciting few weeks coming up.  First I will be going to Nashville to visit some of my parents' friends as they are preparing to have their own little one.  Then at the end of the month we will be making my first trip to IL so I can meet all the rest of the family.  I guess I'm gonna have to get used to spending a lot of time in my car seat although I hate that thing.

That's all for now.  Talk to you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment