Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hello World!

Howdy y'all! My name is Adelynn Kay and I'm coming to you live from my hospital room in Fayette County GA.

I have been in temporary living for the last 9 months and after outgrowing my previous quarters I decided I needed some place more accommodating. All along I knew this move would be challenging, but I knew my Momma and Daddy had put forth a great deal of time and effort to make sure it went off with out a hitch.

When the time came to make my move, it took me about 18 hours with a lot of hard work from my Momma; supervision from my Daddy; and guidance from Doula Christina.

With only a few final but grueling details to address, I stepped into my new home at 3:22 PM yesterday afternoon. I was warmly greeted by Dr. Cook, Nurse Karen, Doula Christina, and of course my parents.

In order to ensure I would be okay living outside of my temporary home a couple of the nurses ran some tests on me. I showed them I was fine and then went on to surprise everyone in the room when they put me on the scale. I ended up weighing 8.7 lbs (8 lbs 11 ounces) and measuring 20.5 inches in length.

After all of the stress of the move I have been taking it easy the last 24 hours. Most of my time has been spent sleeping with small breaks for nourishment. My Grandma and Grandpa A have come by twice to visit me. Today I got to see Grandma A's new reading glasses; they look great on her.

I'm having trouble sleeping tonight as I'm anxiously awaiting the short drive to my new house. I'll get to meet my four-legged sister Sienna and also see all of the stuff everyone has given me over the past few months. Then on Saturday my Grandpa and Grandma M will be driving to GA from IL to see me.

Well folks I think I've told you enough for now. I'm still very tired. I'm going get a little something to eat and head to bed. I need to rest up for my big day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment