Saturday, March 27, 2010

Home at Last!

Hello again friends!  After a tough night and a another long day in the hospital I finally made it to my new home.

Wednesday night wasn't as bad as the first night with the nurses constantly coming in to check on me.  My stomach was starting to settle from all the fluid I had ingested while living in my temporary quarters.  As such I had a better appetite and started growing accustomed to my new eating process.  

I have really grown to like my momma holding me close to her and giving me something to eat.  Then when I'm finished my daddy gives me some pats on the back so I can get all that extra air out of my tummy.  Some times I have those air bubbles coming out of both ends :)  So once I showed all the nurses how well I was eating and filling up my diaper they decided to quit checking my blood sugar every 2 hours.

Once the blood sugar situation was taken care of they checked me for jaundice and that was good to go as well.  I then spent some time with the hospital's pediatrician and he said I was ready to go home.  My mommy and daddy were excited as they were thinking we could go home early, but unfortunately hospital policy is 48 hours from the time of first appearance.  Sooooo needless to say we spent an extra 5 hours watching and waiting.

When the time came to go home, I put on some new clothes and got strapped down in my car seat.  Then momma and I rode the 'taxi' down to the car where daddy was waiting.  We made the short drive and I has finally home.



Once I arrived I got to meet my 4-legged sister Sienna.  She was excited to see me, but not quite sure how to handle the situation.  I'm sure we will be friends very soon.  

Anyway, it's about time for me to grab a snack and head to bed.  Talk to all y'all soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment